Join us to transform the way people work, everywhere. Our products are the global standard for process intelligence and automation at more than 10,000 organizations across 90 countries. You’ll help customers accelerate their digital transformation, bringing them a quicker, easier, better way to work.
About the Role:
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the development and on-time delivery of all technical aspects of the product, in accordance with the product plan, which should meet or exceed Nintex’s quality standards. This position works closely with Product Management and is responsible for maintaining the product backlog, iteration planning, communicating stakeholder requests and managing the development of team members.
Your contribution will be:
- Ensure your team writes correct code (e.g., C#, NodeJS, semantic HTML, pipeline YAML, etc.), following Nintex standards, guidance, and training materials
- Know the core concepts in the Service Reliability strategy and manage your team’s services to SLOs and SLIs
- Work closely with Product Management and User Experience Designers to define required product features and behavior in detail, sufficient to create the required design, resourcing, and development plans
- Monitor new code and designs to identify where test coverage needs adjustment. Make sure that the test requirements are met and integrated into pipelines appropriately
- Gather and assess all the relevant input to make quality, durable decisions
- Champion quality, making sure it is a priority in your team and across projects
- Follow security best practices, oversee the creation of secure code, and lead teams in threat modeling
- Understand and run your team according to agile principles and use data (velocity, burn down, etc.) to track status and improve team performance
- Maintain unobstructed vision of the risk factors in your workload including the amount of change introduced, cross-discipline developments, cross-product integrations, or the introduction of new development tools and methodologies
- Proactively raise any risks or foreseeable changes to previously communicated schedules
- Identify opportunities and contribute to initiatives that reduce and standardize tooling to streamline our processes, “ways of working” and reduce overhead.
- Collaborate with Product Management to prioritize user stories in line with the product roadmap and to plan product release timelines
- Oversee the development of all product features in your domain in a manner that meets delivery commitments
- You play your assigned role in the Incident Management process, including contributing where your technical and problem-solving skills apply, and also creating space for your staff to engage as the incident’s impact level requires
- Coach, support, and enable team members in achieving personal growth and career objectives
- Lead by example by promoting and embodying Nintex’s values
- Conduct effective team workforce planning and forecasting
- Create training plans collaboratively with your team members to produce the skill sets required in the relevant domains
- Lead hiring cycles and contribute to designing the organizational hiring process
To be successful we think you need:
- Knowledge of software design patterns
- Experience in microservices architecture is desirable
- Have a strong technical knowledge & background
- Experience in leading and collaborating with multiple stakeholders
How we operate:
Our day-to-day is guided by three core tenets that help us work collaboratively, effectively, and respectfully in a way that allows us to ideate, and improve, together.
· We deliver on our commitments. We focus on a few key priorities and ensure we deliver with quality on time. Every time.
· We don’t wait. If we see an issue, we fix it. If we see an opportunity to accelerate our success, we take it.
· We operate with respect and consideration. We will move fast and deliver…and we will do it the right way.
We foster a workplace that gives amazing people the freedom and support to do their very best work every day – work that accelerates digital transformation across the globe with a best-in-class process platform.
Be part of the transformation. Apply today.
Nintex participates in E-Verify for work authorization. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Organization.